FREE HDMI CABLE
- BD-ROM and DVD playback
- DVD 1080p upscaling via HDMI
- Wi-Fi Enabled (LG Adapter Included)
- Stream content from Vudu, Netflix, CinemaNow, and YouTube
- USB 2.0 playback
- SimpLink connectivity
- Dolby TrueHD Digital Plus
- Up to 7.1 channels of surround sound
- LG Blu-ray player offers MP3 and JPEG playback via USB 2.0
|The LG Network Blu-ray Disc player BD640 brings you breathtaking high-definition images and the highest quality audio in the world! You’ll marvel at the clarity and full-color spectrum of every scene, while Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, LPCM, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS decoding pulls you into the action.|
LG technology also offers backward compatibility with your legacy CDs and DVDs. NetCast Entertainment Access brings the best internet services directly to your TV - no computer required. Right on your couch, you can enjoy everything listed below: instantly access movies and TV shows, news and weather and the world’s largest library of HD movies in 1080p.One HDMI port connects to your HDTV Home Theater System or other digital device. Combination of excellent image quality, super fast loading times and its currently unbeatable feature set make it the one you’ve waited for!
- Play DVD and Blu Ray from any and all regions on any TV!
- Region Free DVD Player for all DVD and Blu Ray!
- Playback of regular (standard definition) PAL or NTSC DVDs from all regions: Regions 1,2,3,4,5,6,8.
- Playback of Blu-Ray discs from all regions A, B, C.
- NEW! PAL to NTSC Converter function allows you to play any PAL or NTSC DVD and any Blu Ray from any country on any TV!
- Has built-in Real Time Video Converter! No video quality loss during conversion unlike Sharp and Pioneer models! When you play a PAL movie on a Sharp or Pioneer blu ray player you will see significant video degradation. This LG model has real time conversion so it will give you the exact same video as the original without any loss!
- Also plays MKV, Blu-ray Disc, BD-R/RE, DVD, DVD±R/RW, Audio CD, CD- R/RW
- Plays Blu-ray high-definition discs with selectable output resolution of 1080p signals available through HDMI only or 720p/1080i signals available through HDMI or component video.
- Also up-converts your normal DVDs to 1080p for best viewing on HDTVs!
- Built-in Wireless LAN: Let's you enjoy Streaming Content Such As YouTube, Netflix, Pandora, etc without cables.
- World Wide Dual Voltage for use on 110-240 Volts 50/60Hz
- Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback
- 1080p upscaling of standard DVDs for better picture quality
- Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Advanced Digital Out
- LG's NetCast suite of streaming media services, including Netflix, Vudu, CinemaNow, YouTube, Pandora, Picasa, and AccuWeather
- Ethernet port
- DLNA-compliant, allowing you to stream music, photos, and videos from a connected PC
- USB 2.0 Media Host to display photos, play videos and listen to MP3 files
- SimpLink™ Connectivity
|Simply plug your compatible USB 2.0 device to the LG Network Blu-ray Disc player BD640, and your digital music and photos are played back directly from the device so you can easily share them with your family and friends.
|With the NetCast Entertainment Access technology, the LG Network Blu-ray Disc player BD640 enables you see programs from CinemaNow, Netflix, YouTube, Yahoo Widgets, Pandora and Vudu, without a dedicated PC.
|When connected to an HDMI-compatible TV via an HDMI cable, the LG Network Blu-ray Disc player BD640 up-converts video content up to 1080p resolution for high-quality high definition images.
|With supports for DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital LPCM, DTS and Dolby TrueHD technologies, enjoy powerful and immersive surround sound like it was meant to be.
|The LG Network Blu-ray Disc player BD640 plays back next generation Blu-ray Disc. Blu-ray Disc’s ultra-large capacity stores full 1080p high-definition video with high-quality, lossless audio to ensure a true home theater experience.
|SimpLink technology allows you to easily set up and control all of your HDMI connected LG devices with just one remote.
- HDMI Output: Ver 1.3 (Up to 1080p/24 & 1080p/60Hz)
- Media Type : Blu-ray Disc, BD-R/RE, DVD, DVD±R/RW, Audio CD, CD- R/RW
- Built-in Audio Decoders : Linear PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Decoder
- Supported Digital Video Standards : MPEG4 AVC, HP@L4.1, MPEG2, HP@ML, SMPTE VC1, AP@L3, MPEG2, HP@ML, AVCHD
- Supported Digital Audio Standards : MP3, WMA
- Video D/A Converter : 12bit / 162MHz
- Audio D/A Converter : 24bit / 192KHz
- Video Resolution : 1920 x 1080
- Audio Output (on HDMI): Stereo, 7.1ch high-resolution PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Dimensions: 16.9"W x 1.8"H x 7.9"D
- Weight : 4.4 lbs (2 kg)
- Power Consumption : 20W
- HDMI Out x 1
- Component Video Out x 1
- Composite Video Out x 1
- Digital audio: Coaxial x 1
- Analog audio Out: 2 Channel (L/R)
- USB 2.0: Front x 1
- LAN Port (RJ-45) x 1
Warranty and Support:
- Lifetime warranty on the code free functionality of the unit
- All items are brand new factory fresh and factory sealed.
BD ZONE: A B C works on both PAL and NTSC TVs 100% Guaranteed
DVD REGION: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 PAL/NTSC works on both NTSC and PAL TVs
BD-ROM: Bonus View (Profile1.1); BD-Live (Profile2.0); BD-ROM (SL/DL)
BD-R (ver.1.1/1.2/1.3)BD-RE (ver.2.1): recordable Blu-ray Discs (including DL)
Data BD: BD-REs and BD-Rs containing MP3/AAC/WMA audio files or JPEG still-image files
DVD-Video: pre-recorded DVD
DVD-R: record once DVD (including DL); Video and VR mode movies and MP3 or JPEG files
DVD-RW: rewritable DVD; Video and VR mode movies and MP3 or JPEG files
DVD R: record once DVD (including DL); Video and VR mode movies and MP3 or JPEG files
DVD RW: rewritable DVD; Video and VR mode movies and MP3 or JPEG files
CD: pre-recorded CD
CD-R: record once; CD-DA and MP3 or JPEG files
CD-RW: rewritable CD; CD-DA and MP3 or JPEG files
Video Signal output: Our advanced hardware modification included a builtin 128MB video scaler/converter. This means that this player will convertas you wish. PAL or Multi-System TV is NOT REQUIRED and no additional scalers/converters are requiredBD-ROM:
Blu-ray discs such as movies that can be purchased or rented.
- BD-R/RE: BD-R/RE discs that contain video, music, or photo files.
- DVD-Video: DVD-Video discs (8cm/12cm) such as movies that can be purchased or rented.
- DVD /-R (DL): DVD /-R discs (8cm/12cm) which contain video, music, or photo files (Video mode and finalized only).
- DVD /-RW: DVD /-RW discs (8cm/12cm) which contain video, music, or photo files (Video mode and finalized only).
- CD-Audio: CD-audio discs (8cm/12cm) which can be purchased.
- CD-R/RW: CD-R/RW discs (8cm/12cm) that contain music or photo files.
- Copy Protection: Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Blu-ray Disc Overview: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 54 mbps. Blu-ray Disc discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better picture quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better sound quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Much greater storage capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Compatibility with your current disc collections: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet via the rear panel Ethernet terminal.
AVCHD: AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) is a high definition digital video camera format used to record in high definition or standard definition on DVD, using an efficient data compression coding technology. The format is designed to compress video and audio (Dolby Digital or Linear PCM) data, enabling a high definition video signal shot on a digital video camera recorder to be recorded on DVD discs, in the same way as it would be for a standard definition signal.
JPEG Playback: This unit will play JPEG still picture files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD RW, DVD R, DVD-RW, DVD-R, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The JPEG file size should be less than 4,000 x 3,000 @ 24-bit/pixel or less than 3,000 x 3,000 @ 32 bit/pixel. The player can recognize up to 2,000 still-image files and folders. Still images on your disc can be viewed in a Slide-Show, as well as rotated and zoomed.
MP3/WMA Playback: The BD570 supports MP3/WMA audio files (8-320 kbps) recorded on BD-R/RE, DVD-R/RW, DVD R/RW, and CD-R/RW discs recorded in ISO 9660 Joliet, UDF, or UDF Bridge format. When stopped and restarted, playback resumes at the same point as long as the tray hasn't been opened and the player hasn't been turned off.
Parental Control: The LG BD570 offers Parental Control settings to limit BD, DVD, and streamed Internet video according to the age of the users (DVD: 1-8, BD: 0-255). The control settings are protected by a custom 4-digit password.
Video Outputs: The LG BD640 Blu-ray disc player features two high-definition video outputs (HDMI, Component) and one standard-definition video output (composite).
- HDMI (ver.1.3): The BD640's HDMI output simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio in one cable. This unit features HDCP copyright protection technology, and must be connected to an HDCP-compliant device. If your TV has a DVI input instead of an HDMI input, you can connect this unit to your TV using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. You will also need to connect audio cables to the player because DVI is a video only cable. The HDMI resolution can be fixed at 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p, or set to Auto, which selects the highest resolution accepted by your television.
- Component Video: The component video resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i. When a copyright protected DVD is played, the maximum component video output resolution is 480p.
- Composite Video: The composite output is fixed at 480i.
1080p HDMI Output with DVD Upscaling: Through the HDMI output, the BD570 is capable of upscaling the resolution of your standard DVDs. Output options include Auto (highest resolution accepted by the TV), 1080p (60 Hz video or 24 Hz), 1080i, 720p, or 480p.
1080p/24Hz: Movies are typically recorded on film with a frame rate of 24 frames per second. When a movie is transferred to Blu-ray Disc at 24 frames per second the BD570 will output that signal to the TV (if the TV will accept the 1080p/24 format) with no need for conversion.
Deep Color: The LG Blu-ray player supports a color depth of up to 12 bits. Connecting the player and a TV that supports Deep Color via HDMI allows more accurate color reproduction than when connecting it to a TV that does not support Deep Color.
TV Aspect Ratio: You can select a TV aspect ratio to match your television's screen type. You can choose from 16:9 Original, 16:9 Full, 4:3 Pan & Scan, or 4:3 Letter Box.
Picture Mode: You can adjust the contrast, brightness, color, sharpness, and noise reduction of the player's video output during playback.
BonusView: The BonusView feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
Marker Search: You can start playback from up to nine memorized points.
Last Scene Memory: This unit memorizes the last scene from the last disc that is viewed. The last scene remains in memory even if you remove the disc from the unit or switch off the unit. If you load the disc that has the scene memorized, the scene is automatically recalled.
Multi-View Angle: If the disc contains scenes recorded at different camera angles, you can change to a different camera angle during playback.
Auto Power Off: The screen saver appears when you leave the player in Stop mode for approximately 5 minutes. The unit will then automatically turn itself off after the screen saver is displayed for 25 minutes.
Surround Sound Decoders: The BD640 has built-in Dolby Digital and DTS surround processors; multi-channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio are output through the HDMI jack (when encoded on the Blu-ray Disc).
- Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus was developed as an extension to Dolby Digital. The audio coding technology supports 7.1 channel surround sound. Dolby Digital Plus also includes the standard Dolby Digital bit stream and is compatible with all current Dolby Digital processors using the optical or coaxial digital output.
- Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is a lossless coding technology that supports up to 8 channels of multi-channel surround sound for the next generation optical discs. The reproduced sound is true to the original source bit-for-bit.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio supports a maximum sampling frequency of 96 kHz, and 7.1 multi-channel surround. DTS-HD High Resolution Audio has a maximum transmission rate of 6 Mbps, with a lossy compression.
- DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio has a maximum transmission rate of 24.5 Mbps and uses lossless compression (Lossless), and DTS-HD Master Audio corresponds to a maximum sampling frequency of 192 kHz, and maximum of 7.1ch.
DRC (Dynamic Range Control): When content encoded in Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus is playing back, you may wish to compress the dynamic range of the audio output (the difference between the loudest sounds and the quietest sounds). This allows you to listen to a movie at a lower volume without losing clarity of sound.
Audio Outputs: The LG BD640 Blu-ray disc player features three digital audio outputs (HDMI, Coaxial, and Optical) and one analog RCA audio output.
Digital Audio Settings: The player offers the following digital audio output settings.
- Output Sound Format: Select the output sound format when you connect the player via a HDMI or coaxial digital connection.
- PCM Stereo: use when connecting this unit's HDMI or coaxial/optical digital output to a device with two-channel digital stereo decoder
- PCM Multi-Channel (HDMI only): use when connecting this unit's HDMI output to a device with multi-channel digital decoding
- DTS Re-Encode: use when connect this unit's HDMI or coaxial/optical digital output to a device with a DTS decoder
- Primary Pass-Thru: use when connecting this unit's HDMI or coaxial/optical digital output to a device with LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD decoders
- Sampling Frequency: Select which sampling frequency the digital audio output uses to match your connected system.
- 192kHz: select this if your AV receiver is capable of handling 192 kHz signals
- 96 kHz: select this if your AV receiver is not capable of handling 192 kHz signals; this unit will automatically converts any 192 kHz signal to 96 kHz so your system can decode them
- 48 kHz: select this if your AV receiver is not capable of handling 192 kHz and 96 kHz signals; the unit will automatically convert any 192 kHz and 96 kHz signal to 48 kHz so your system can decode them.