Samsung UA-40C5000 40″ 1080p Multi-System HD LED TV
Samsung UA-40B6000 40″ 1080p Multi-System Full HD LED LCD TV. There can be only one thinnest, clearest, most elegant television. Easily, it is Samsung’s LED TV Series 6. Breathtakingly thin, it’s designed as one seamless piece of flawless crystal. On its LED screen, vivid details are captured in every frame. Picture edge-blur removed and full, robust colour restored to each pixel. Watch television programs, web content or your own, knowing you’re also being kind to the environment. It’s a remarkable feat of design, on or off.
Model: Samsung UA-40B6000 Multi System LED TV
” LED TV with 4 HDMI inputs and PC input
- Ultra-thin tv, with famous LED backlight
- 100 Hertz / 120 hertz for the best video processing
- FULL HD 1920 X 1080p resolution make for the absolute best video quality!
- World-Wide NTSC/PAL/SECAM Color System – Watch any video signal on this TV!
- World-Wide NTSC M, PAL BG, PAL I, Secam BG, DK/ PAL DK TV tuners with DVB-T Digital Tuner.
- 3,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
- Widescreen 16 X 9 Format
- World-wide Dual Voltage 110-240 volts 50-60 hertz
- HDTV monitor (HDTV tuner required for HD reception)
- Wide Screen Mode allows you to watch conventional 4:3 aspect ratio broadcasts in wide screen (16:9) mode.
- Steady Sound® equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
- Built-in hidden speakers includes 2 (5W x 2) speakers to deliver dynamic sound.
- Component Video Input offers the best video quality for DVD (480p and 480i), and digital set-top box (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i) connections.
- Parental Control V-chip technology allows parents to block unsuitable programming from younger viewers.
- PC Input allows you to connect your PC and display the PC screen on your TV.
- Surround Sound Audio Effect
Video Features of Samsung UA40B5000 Multi System LED TV
- Video Signal System: NTSC, PAL, Secam
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080p
- Native Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p
- Full Digital Image Processor
- 3,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 10-bit processor with 12.8 billion colors
- 15 degree swivel stand
- SRS TruSurround XT: Samsung LED TVs are equipped with the best that technology can offer in sound quality. Even when viewing regular broadcasts, our 2 speaker surround sound makes you feel as if the theatre has been brought to your living room.
Picture Perfect on the Samsung UA-40B6000
For images that are stunningly true to life you need the 3 Cs: contrast, colour and clarity. LED TV Series 6 has them. Its Mega Contrast Ratio feature brings out all the shades of grey. A Wide Colour Enhancer Pro with LED gamut ensures every entire pixel is robust and vibrant. This enables the TV to display a wider range of natural colours and provide greater depth. Even with subtle colours. Plus our 100Hz Motion Plus technology removes edge-blur. Leaving your picture smooth and crisp. And your jaw, dropped.
Samsung UA40B6000 Multi System LED tv has Depth without depth
It takes only two screw to mount the astonishingly slim LED TV Series 6. Just like a picture frame. Only this frame is made with a hint of amber. We call it a Crystal Design. One look at it and its soft, square corners is all it takes to see that this isn’t just a TV you’re hanging. But a work of art.
Unlike other “slim” televisions, LED TV Series 6 is one of the slimmest television in the world. Instead of multiple parts molded together, it’s one solid, seamless, incredibly beautiful advanced television. Elegantly supported by a unique crystal neck. You’ll have no trouble finding a place for it in any room.
The LED TV Series 6 is easy on the planet as well as the eyes. Its recyclable bezel frame contains no VOCs. And by using mercury-free LED lights that require less energy, less CO2 is emitted. So you can put your feet up and relax knowing you’re leaving a smaller carbon footprint.
Showing off your digital pictures on the LED TV Series 6 is actually easier than passing around a digital camera. All it takes is one USB 2.0 cord, and presto. You’ve got a photo album. Connect the cord to your MP3 player or USB memory stick and you’ve got music too. You also have a very captive audience.
4 HDMI Inputs
If there’s an easier way to get HD video and pictures onto the LED TV Series 6 we’d like to know. All it takes is one single HDMI cord and images are transferred without data loss or headaches.
Samsung UA-40B56000 LED TV for International use, Multi system LED tv, Multisystem OLED Televsion
Features OF Samsung UA-40B6000 LED Multi-system LED TV
ToC (Touch of Color): Samsung’s new Touch of Color design features a hint of amber color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame of the Samsung UA406000 Multisystem LED television.
Slim Design: The Samsung LED TV features a slim flat-panel design that measures only 1.8125″ deep (with cord).
Native Resolution: The LED television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television’s HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
LED Technology: Samsung’s LED technology allows for an amazing 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. The LED backlight also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television’s white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Ultra Clear Panel: With Samsung’s Ultra Clear Panel colors are more vibrant, brighter, and clearer. This ultra clear panel technology also enhances contrast and reduces reflection so you can enjoy an overall outstanding viewing experience.
Mega Contrast Ratio: This TV has an 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, giving you brilliant brightness and contrast for superior picture and detail from both PC and TV images.
Advanced Color Processing: Advanced Color Processing ensures that every image is as vibrant and colorful on screen as it was when it was filmed.
Auto Motion Plus 100hz / 120Hz: Auto Motion Plus 100hz / 120Hz technology virtually eliminates any motion blur and creates smooth transitions between frames. Auto Motion Plus calculates the image between frames and inserts it, creating a non-repetitive transition from one to the next. The result is a clearer picture than ever before. You can select from 5 Auto Motion Plus 100hz / 120Hz settings
- Clear: Sets Auto Motion Plus 120Hz to minimum.
- Standard: Sets Auto Motion Plus 120Hz to medium.
- Smooth: Sets Auto Motion Plus 120Hz to maximum.
- Custom: Adjusts the blur and judder reduction level to suit your personal preference.
- Off: Switches Auto Motion Plus 120Hz off.
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when an HDMI input (720p/1080i/180p), Component (1080i/1080p), or DTV (1080i) signal is used.
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: for the optimum display in a normal environment
- Dynamic: for high-definition in a bright room
- Natural: for optimum and eye-comfortable display
- Movie: for viewing movies in a dark room
- Manual Picture Settings:
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint: adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to 3
- Color Space: color space is a color matrix composed of red, green and blue colors, you can select your favorite color space to experience the most natural color; you can choose from Auto, Native, or Custom (Red/Green/Blue)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
- xvYCC: provides a wider color space when used with xvYCC-compatible video components and content; using HDMI or component video connections; you can turn this feature On or Off; Picture Mode must be set to Movie to use this feature
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Reduction: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality.
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
BD Wise: BD Wise provides the optimal picture quality setting for Samsung DVD, Blu-ray, and Home Theater products which support the BD Wise feature for a richer picture.
Blue Only Mode: This function displays the blue signal only by removing the red and green signals from the video signal so as to provide a Blue Filter effect that is used to adjust the Color and Tint of video equipment such as DVD players and Home Theaters. Using this function, you can adjust the Color and Tint to preferred values appropriated to the signal level of each video device using the Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Color Bar Patterns, without using a additional Blue Filter.
Media Play: Media Play enables you to view photos (JPEG) and movie (MPEG1/2/4, Motion JPEG, DivX, XviD) files, as well as listen to audio files (MP3) saved on a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device using the television’s side panel USB type-A port. The television’s Media Play function will only support MP3 music files with a high sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz. The television’s USB port will support video resolution from 720 x 576 to 1920 x 1080. The maximum supported JPEG resolution is 15360 x 8640 pixels. Your JPEG and MP3 files must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT 32. The TV’s USB port can recognize up to 10,000 files. You can use the television’s remote control to operate basic playback functions of your JPEG or MP3 files.
- MP3 Playback: The television displays an on-screen list of your MP3 files to scroll through and select from. You can sort your music by title, artist, mood, genre, folder, or favorite. You can also select from a Repeat and Random playback mode.
- JPEG Playback: The television displays a thumbnail index of your photos to select from (15 per page). You can sort your images by date, color, folders, and favorites. When you have single image displayed, you can zoom (1x, 2x, 4x) and rotate (0, 90, 180, 270-degees) the photo. You can also view your images as a slide show. You can choose the slide show speed (Fast, Normal, Slow), slide show effect (None, Fade, Blind, Spiral, Checker, Linear, Stairs, Wipe, Random), and select an MP3 audio file as background music.
- Movie Playback: The movies stored on your USB Mass Storage Device can be sorted into the following categories – Date, Title, Folder, and Favorites. You can also control basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Skip Next/Previous and Repeat. In addition, you can configure picture and sound settings. If you stop your movie, you can pick up where you left off using the Resume Play function.
Note: Both USB HDD and HUB are not supported. MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is not supported)
InfoLink RSS Service: The Samsung LED TV features a rear-panel Ethernet port which allows you to connect the television to your home PC’s network with or without a router so you can use the InfoLink RSS function of the television. The InfoLink RSS feature gathers up-to-the-minute content from USA Today and displays it on the television screen so you can always stay connected to the News, Weather and Stock Reports while watching TV at home.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. No cables are supplied for connecting the TV to a PC.
Auto Volume: Auto volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Resets the standard factory settings.
- Music: For watching music videos and concerts.
- Movie: For watching movies.
- Clear Voice: For watching a show that is mostly dialogue.
- Custom: Adjust the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz.
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Digital Signal Strength Meter: The digital signal strength meter can be used to help you find the antenna position that delivers the highest HDTV digital signal strength.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV’s memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. You also choose the On Timer’s channel and Volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. The melody volume is adjustable (Low/Medium/High), or you can turn this feature off if you prefer.
Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low or Off.
Remote Control for Samsung Multi System LED tv UA-40B6000 LED
Illuminated Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LED television and Anynet connected components. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote’s buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Anynet : Anynet is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet with the Samsung television’s remote control. The Anynet system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet features. The Anynet feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Mounting Options For Samsung LED tv UA-40B6000
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand attached. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right /- 20-degrees. The television weighs 60.8 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back-panel for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 400 x 400 (400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 49.4 lbs without the stand.
Inputs and Outputs Notes for the Samsung LED UA40B6000
HDMI: The four rear-panel HDMI inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Game console, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to TVs PC audio input. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals.
Component Video: The rear-panel Component Video jack will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video inputs can also be used as a composite video input.
PC Input: This rear-panel input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection.
Digital Audio: The optical digital output (with plastic cover) on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
Dual USB Ports: The TV features two rear-panel USB ports. One USB type-A port is used for firmware updates, displaying the E-Manual from the supplied USB thumb-drive, and playing music or picture/video files. The other USB type-A port is used for connecting to Samsung’s network wirelessly using the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately).
LAN (Ethernet): The television’s rear-panel Ethernet port allows you to connect an Ethernet cable from your PC to the TV for media playback and select internet content from Yahoo!.
- World Wide Voltage Supply AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Internal Power Supply: Yes
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Less than 155W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Less than 1W Regulation and Standard Compliance
- Energy Star® Compliant Dimensions and Weight:
- Approx. 983 x 630 x 30 mm – without stand Approx. 14.7kg Approx. 983 x 688 x 254mm – with stand Approx 18.5kg